Read the update: New 2012 Filipino Tourism – It’s More fun in the Philippines
Short background of campaign:
- Philippines department of toursism spends millions for rebranding tourism campaign
- Campaign is epic fail in exponential ways
- Millions are wasted as campaign is dumped by Phil President
I just could not let this issue pass even though it has already been dumped. This is a pinoy design blog, is it not? The immense failure of this design was so obvious 97% of Filipinos brought out the artist within and cried, “FOUL”!
Here are the top 10 reasons why this tourism campaign failed:
10. It looks like it was made by a 7 year old.
9. It stole it’s design from Poland
8. Foreigners will not be able to understand the words. A logo with an translation and pronunciation guide automatically sucks balls.
7. A brand should not be dependent on a face or celebrity to make it known. Manny pacquiao was suppose to be the poster boy. DUH? put manny’s face on anything and it will be a hit.
6. WOW is only 1 syllable, but 10x better!
4. Our country is better known as Philippines rather than Pilipinas. Why confuse?
3. It sounds like the name of a morning television talkshow.
2. It is not catchy even for local consumption
1.Googling ‘Pilipinas kay Ganda’ shows pinay porn sites, YAAAH mannnn!
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add to the list. If I’m wrong, express your opinion in the comments below.
- kay ganda facebook app – replace pilipinas with your name