If you can’t be a Hollywood actor, bring hollywood to the Philippines. Batangas Governor /”Star for all seasons” Vilma Santos is seriously planning of putting up a Hollywood-like sign on taal volcano to improve tourism in Batangas.
The news spread quickly via social networks and has now become another pinoy internet joke similar to the DPWH Photoshop fiasco.
Some people have expressed their opinions and find it a bit ridiculous. This small group of people has now turned Vilma’s Hollywood pilipinas into another original pinoy internet meme. I present to you the
Top 10 Funniest Hollywood Pilipinas Pictures
10. Jollibee sa kanto / tindahan – TIE!
9. I Love You Lucky – one of the designs close to Governor Vilma
8. World’s Worst Airport – Like it’s a record title to be to be proud of
7. Wrong Sign – imagine if someone messed up one of the signs
6. Manila Bay – this one could actually work…
5. 100 Islands – start counting
4. Jeep / bus – just for those who can’t tell the difference
3. Luneta – Nice place for a photo op, ey?
2. Mayon Volcano – postcard worthy
and the number 1 slot goes to
1. Spratly Islands – could possibly end the debate in ownership
and my own contribution:
Rowboat by DesignPinoy
I just took this photo over the weekend during our outing at Balai Isabel. It never occurred to me that I would use it for Hollywood Pilipinas.
In my opinion there are good applications for this sign. It should be a modern and trendy area like Sentosa Singapore.
What other scenic spots in the Philippines could use some funny Hollywood style signs?
Feel free to make any good or bad comments below.